If we haven't already answered your questions about ODEM and how we're using the Blockchain technology to create an education revolution, read this interview of ODEM CEO Richard Maaghul, by Crypto Central.
Here are a few of the questions from the interview:
- Hi Richard, could you briefly talk about your professional background and the core team at ODEM.IO
- My background is mainly in identifying the potential of emerging and disruptive technologies. For more than twenty years I’ve been actively involved in early stage funding, start-up development and acquisitions. I consider myself something of a serial entrepreneur.Our team is a dynamic combination of experienced entrepreneurs, crypto specialists and educators. I’m particularly delighted with the quality of the team we’ve assembled around the ODEM concept. The team is committed to using blockchain technology to revolutionize education as we know it.
- Jumping straight to the issue, please tell our readers about problems ODEM is addressing in the sphere of higher education?
- Higher education is a broken industry that fails to prepare the widest possible spectrum of students for today’s fast-changing job markets. Education, especially the high-quality variety, is way too expensive. Cost, and the mountains of debt associated with it, is a major barrier to expanding student accessibility to high-quality education.ODEM empowers students to collaborate with top university professors to create customized educational experiences, part of a life-long process of keeping skills relevant in fast-changing job markets. The platform also tips the balance of information in favor of students to increase their ability to effectively manage and negotiate the cost of their education and related services.
- How did the idea of ODEM come about?
- ODEM.IO stems from my involvement with Excelorator’s Inc. and my introduction to blockchain technology, smart contracts and digital currencies. Excelorators was and remains a pioneer in the business of opening up top U.S. universities and corporate campuses to overseas students and executive for short-term, in person, learning experiences. Excelorators forms the foundation of ODEM.